quinta-feira, 11 de agosto de 2011

Reflection on Theatre In Education


During our drama lesson this Wednesday (10/08/2011), we split ourselves into groups of two and we had to pick a kindergarten stories and give them a moral, a slogan and we had to interpret it the best way we could, and saying the slogan in the end of it. My pair was Nicholas Beeby, and our slogan was: "Be responsible for your things. Watch out for thieves."
I enjoyed getting to know a little bit about Theatre In Education, because it showed me how we can teach children how to be responsible, sensible, to save energy/water and much more though drama/acting. I did like when Ms Hurst gave us the opportunity to choose how we wanted to interpret our stories. However, I could not interpret the first two stories I got, so Nicholas Beeby and I changed it and we finally got the third card, which we though was reasonably easy to interpret.
I do work better when I am told what to do, such as the play of Fat Sam and his gang. On the other hand, a challenge is always welcome for me to see what I am capable of producing with my creativity

Um comentário:

  1. Some interesting reflection in the second part of this paragraph, Renata. You should definitely try to challenge yourself with this new Theatre in Education task. The fun will come from the creativity of devising the parts that the audience actually 'see'. We will do some more work on visual representations and symbols next week! Well done! Miss Hurst

    ResponderExcluir